1. Many more people are interested in your topic than are interested in your Podcast. You want a real audience? Get found online and then lead that traffic to your Podcast.
2. Only Podcasters search for Podcasts in Podcast directories. The real world isn’t even aware that they exist.
3. Telling your potential audience to subscribe to your Podcast makes as much sense as telling them to sdgfkjh your sdfjkhsd. You’re going to have to do better than that. If they can’t figure out how to subscribe to your Podcast, it’s your fault – not Apple’s.
4. If you don’t know what kind of audience you want, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
5. You have complete control over the World’s Most Popular Podcast Player. It’s called a Web Browser.
6. If someone says you’re cool, it doesn’t matter. If that statement is hyperlinked, it matters a lot. Clicks and links over a promo every day of the week.
7. If you don’t explain to your listener how important a subscription is, nobody ever will.