Highlights from Leo’s keynote.
There are really some important issues for us as Podcasters. The conversation needs to be started …
- The Name. “I know the name isn’t going to go away.” “Is this a valuable name for us?” Is the association with Apple a good thing? Microsoft won’t embrace it – and that’s doing damage to us. “We’re mature enough that we don’t have to have just one name.”
- We Are In This Together. Cooperation, Not Competition. The job isn’t to make any one show #1. “The job is to make Podcasting #1.” “The real problem right now is that only so many people are listening.”
- We Have No Way of Measuring Our Audiences Effectively. Are we talking real numbers or are we posturing? We gotta think about numbers.
- We Have to Grow the Audience.
- We Have to Capture the True Value in What We Do.
- This Is a New Medium. “Don’t copy the mistakes of the old media … we can do better …”
“We are in an exciting new age. It is such a great thing to be part of Podcasting. I hope you realize what an opportunity this is.”