So, Scoble likes the Apple TV – surprise, surprise, eh?
Here are my takes on it
- Easiest setup ever. Why does everyone else make things so hard?
- Gorgeous interface. This is everything Microsoft Media Center wants to be, but simply isn't.
- I'm frustrated that I can't get rented movies (Unbox) or music (Zune) on this. If I could, it would be perfect. Now, I'm stuck with some stuff on my Apple TV and some stuff on my Xbox.
- The movie preview streaming is, without a doubt, a vision of what's to come. Gorgeous HD video on demand, at the click of a button.
- I wish Podcasts and Television weren't seperate categories. I know why they are but I really want to have Rocketboom next to The Office and Digg Nation next to Meet The Press. You get the idea.
- I only have one show on Season Pass right now. How incredible would it be to just run your Apple TV and see if your favorite show is there. A whole season of TV completed integrated and automated. Wow. Funny thing is, we have that in the Podcast area already ;-).
- I've been trying to watch Podcasts on my television as part of my Year Of Living Digitally project. It just got a lot easier and a lot prettier.
More stuff to come, but color me very very very impressed.
My wife commented “Now this is the way it should be done.” I have to agree.