Why don’t people do the math anymore?
- Hotel: $97 PE v $199 PC (Per Night)
- Hotel Tax: 11.75% PE v 18.5% PC
- Plane Ticket: $210 PE v $447 PC (obviously different from each city)
- Parking At Event: $0 PE v $30 PC (Per Day)
- Airport to Hotel: $0 PE v $75 PC
- Cab from Parties to Hotel: $0 PE to $? PC
- A Decent Meal: $20 PE v $40 PC (Per Meal)
- Known Tables Of Booksellers: 1 PE v 1 PC
- Amount of (Known) Sponsors Looking For ROI: 6 PE v 62 PC
- Expected Fellow Podcast Enthusiasts For Free Track: 2,500 PE v 1,100 PC
- Expected Fellow Podcast Enthusiasts for Paid Track: 600 PE v NA PC
- Chance at Wacky Podshow Attempt For “Un” Conference: 90% PE v 0% PC
- Event T-Shirts: 0 PE v 1 PC
Yeah, I’m going to the event that “charges” – I can’t afford not to ;-).
Nothing but the best of luck and wishes sent to Podcamp NYC. I wish I could be there.
Just, like everything else in life, run the numbers.