Now that PremiumCast.com is all systems go, and completely live, I thought I’d say a few words about what we’re trying to accomplish here. I think you’ll like it.
The paradigm for Podcasting is one feed for many.
I dare say we can do better than that.
What if we had a way to automate things so that we could produce one feed per listener?
When we can produce a unique feed for each of our listeners, imagine what else we can do:
- Really track our listeners. Do they come back after a few episodes, or do they just get bored and leave?
- Use the Podcast channel as a really intimate communication mechanism. Send personal messages down the same channel you send your show content.
- Watch download patterns. If you audience tends to only turn on their Podcatchers every Monday, does a twice weekly show really make sense?
- Let the audience start the series when they want to. Ever joined a Podcast halfway through the series? What about the audiobooks out there? We can now let our audiences start with episode 1, no matter when they sign up.
- Tie Podcast content into a private member site or other closed programs. Why communicate by email when you can use this spamless channel?
- Connect a Podcast Feed with an email address. Many of our audiences are far less technical than us and a simple email note reminding them to check their iTunes could be a really good idea.
- Sell our content. When the individual stops paying, turn off, or change, that individual’s channel.
It’s all there, it’s online, it’s running great.
And by the way, this isn’t the limit to what you can do. This is just a batch of ideas that have gone through this office as we’ve built this thing.
The change from one to many to one to one is what’s important here. We aren’t the only ones doing it – but I dare say we’ve made it easier and more accessible that anyone else has.
We also have things set up so that EVERYTHING can happen on your site. We work both behind the scenes (as you can see at PodcastToolsDirect.com) or have a complete API for those who need it. It is a true web service.
Three levels – Free, Pro and Viral.
Free follows the whole Freemium model of a fully functional but limited account that directs people back to PremiumCast to subscribe, etc. Go ahead, sign up, and get your feet wet.
Pro lets you do everything above but doesn’t require you send them to PremiumCast for anything. It also has a COMPLETE toolset for selling your content with PayPal.
Viral lets you run your own little affiliate program for your content. Who can rep your content for you? How about anyone with an account at PremiumCast.com (including the Free accounts).
We’ve got a great little affiliate program too. 30% – monthly.
If you have other questions, post them below, or at the PremiumCast.com forum.
By the way, Dave Jackson over at the School of Podcasting did an interview with me (#94) on PremiumCast.com and, well, let me put it this way, I’m not the only one exited about this. Dave and another high-level Podcaster have already left testimonials for PremiumCast.com here.
I would love your thoughts and comments.