Update: We enjoyed the entry from SWBN so much that we’re doing it again. Same add this round – it seems to be paying pretty well. We do have to have a winner by 430p Pacific today (12/18).
Later today we record episode 4 of Internet Marketing This Week.
We have promised, and will stay true to the promise, of being a pitch free show. We want you to be able to listen without worrying about anyone selling you anything. It’s a good goal.
But a popular Podcast consumed by thousands has a few costs associated with it.
As a result, we are going to do a very simple commercial insertion during each show.
How would you like to be the voice of that commercial?
How would you like to start that commercial by saying “Hi, this is [your name] from [your website] …”
Here is what the commercial must contain
- [Greetings of your choice], this is [your name] from [your website]” at the very beginning.
- A statement that they can support this pitch-free show by grabbing two free audio books from Audible.com.
- An explanation that they can do this by clicking on the Audible graphic on any page at the www.InternetMarketingThisWeek.com site.
- A [thank you] for supporting the show.
Hint: BREVITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT
Do NOT MENTION the episode number as we are going to dynamically insert these into past episodes (and probably future) as well.
How are we dynamically inserting commercials? Ask the fine folk over at LibSyn Pro. I’ve been more impressed with their system every day I use it and, gosh darn it, we’re gonna kick it up a notch.
How do you enter?
- Record the commercial in your own voice.
- Post the .MP3 at your site.
- If you used any sounds effects or music during the commercial, give them full props and prove rights next to the .mp3.
- Post a @IMTW to Twitter with the web address of your commercial.
- Listen to Episode #4 and see if we picked you.
We promise your add with your URL will be downloaded at least 3,000 times if we pick you.
Make it so! I can’t wait to hear what you come up with.